Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Where the Rubber Hits the Road.

Or something like that involving a fan, which is less inspiring and hopefully less apt.

The first query is out. I do like the email query. It does add the terrifying prospect of the auto-reject, but so far all is quiet. I have a list of a few agents I'm going to query individually for a while, then I'll put together some multiple submissions. I know it's not the way you're supposed to do it, you're supposed to do multiple submissions from the first, but hey, why not lower my odds right from the start?

The query is under 200 words, which works. I think. I hope. Sigh.

2 comments:

Henri said...

Sending out your first query on a new novel. That is a great day. Best of luck.

Lorelei Armstrong said...

Thanks very much! Now I just have to hope he responds...