Friday, March 2, 2012

Audiobook Update.

Since they foolishly don't count toward my New Year's Resolution, I must update audiobooks separately. You can bet I won't make this mistake next year. If I do this next year. If I make it to next year.

Wild Thing by Josh Bazell. I loved this so much. I loved the book, I loved the narrator, I loved the whole thing. I will listen to this one again. The narrator is perfectly matched to the book. The author uses profanity like Michelangelo used marble. Funny and yes, wild. His sub-plots are better than most other books. I do hope Dr. Bazell chucks in his medical career to write full-time, because I'm going to need one of these every year, if not every month. Faster, pussycat!

Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner. I am going to name my first ulcer after Wallace Stegner. He started it with Big Rock Candy Mountain. I was lured into a false sense of security with Spectator Bird. Now Angle of Repose and I am again knotted into a dense little ball of anxiety. How in the world did Wallace Stegner travel through time and perfectly capture three or four generations of my family? Or at least every painful, alienating theme we've ever explored? There are a couple more Stegner audiobooks waiting for me, and I am very, very nervous. But I will read them. Once I stop twitching.

No comments: