Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Another Weird Thought.

The book I just started reading for the New Year's Resolution is also striking me as odd. I'm not going to tell you what book this is, because my suspicion about it is rather serious. It's a memoir. Maybe. I feel safe here because my next Resolution update will contain a couple of them. One of them, the one I'm reading now, is straining my credulity just a bit. I'm getting a Million Little Pieces vibe off of it. Everything you read has a "do I believe this?" question attached, fiction or non-fiction. That question is much stronger in memoir, especially in light of the number of pseudo-memoirs we've seen in the last few years. I read James Frey and "JT LeRoy," and both of those struck me as bogus while I was reading them, and the same radar is going off today. Curious.

No comments: