Sunday, October 7, 2007

Giving Up.

No, not on the novel. The novel is rolling on through production just fine, so far as I know. I mean giving up on screenwriting. Quitting has always rattled around in the back of my mind. I'm certainly not achieving any kind of success. It was put to me this morning that the soundest decision I could make next year is packing up my apartment here in L.A. and moving home to Hawaii. A very good idea. I have a house there and staying here is something like pouring money down the drain.

I had so many dreams when I rented this place. I spent a lot of money (and a lot of my parents' money) getting a Master's degree in screenwriting at UCLA. And I spent eight years chasing this lunatic dream. Eight years. I'm ashamed of the waste and the failure and how stupid I've been. And I'm sad. Ah, well. I knew the day would come.

All's well that ends.

No comments: