Friday, October 3, 2008

Don't Open the Champagne...

My release date has come and gone. The book hasn't appeared. It's starting to look like the distributor hasn't shipped it. Note that this is just my guess, with no official word from anyone. Basically, nobody has the book, whether on-line or in bookstores. Worse, some places are listing the book as out of print. I get the terrible feeling that they're all sitting in boxes in a warehouse in Chicago. Assuming they were printed...

I apologize to anyone being asked by Amazon to go through a procedure to keep their pre-orders in effect. To folks looking for an excuse to not complete the order, well, I guess this is it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazon canceled my order. That sucks! Let us know when we can reorder.

Does this publisher have any of your money? is there any chance this is a scam by him? Did he pay for your publicist, or did you?

Lorelei Armstrong said...

They supplied the publicist and have none of my money. I called the distributor on Friday. Apparently they received the book from the printer last week and started shipping it on Thursday, so the delay was caused by the printer.

Right now I'm just waiting for the buy button to go active on Amazon. I am beyond miffed that Amazon started sending out cancellation warnings on Wednesday! Grrr... Hope you'll be patient enough to order again! Should be any day now...

Mahalo!