Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Order is In.

I have ordered ink cartridges. Yes, the kind that cost more than the printer, once you add shipping to Hawaii. Two-day Fedex only, if you please. I will be able to print out the plans for the woodworking project my father thinks I should try next, and I will be able to print out the new book.

The new book is only halfway done, and has been for a loooong time. I have allowed myself to indulge in the magical notion that when I work on this book Bad Things Happen. So I shall try to change my luck by printing it out. Sometimes I wait to do this until I have a rough draft, but printing now might change the mojo.

I meet a lot of writers these days who don't print out their work. I try to convince them that it's worth the $87.08 to Epson and FedEx. Reading your work in print is a very different experience than reading it on a screen. Editing on paper is much more successful because it seems more permanent and serious. And reading your work aloud? Yikes, you might think yourself a moron.

Soon I shall print, and edit, and then possibly write again. I hope this is not a Portent of Doom.

No comments: